The “beachy” waves look is one of the hottest hair trends ever, and it’s still going strong. And what better style for summer? The best part is, it’s really easy! Here’s how to do it:
annunci personali sesso Step 1: Proper Prep
- First, wash your hair using a incontri non mercenari firenze volumizing chat tipo meetic shampoo and a lightweight conditioner. Save moisturizing formulas for winter–they weigh hair down, preventing waves from forming.
Step 2: Spritz a Spray
- Next, use a thickening spray all over your hair. The spray will add heft and help hair hold the bend, especially if you have fine locks.
Step 3: Catch a Wave
- If your hair waves naturally, simply use a round brush as you blow-dry to add lift. Pull sections up and wrap them around the barrel, and allow them to cool before unwinding.
- To add slightly more bend, rake a dollop of volumizing mousse through damp hair. (Volume-enhancers also work on dry hair so you can use them when you don’t have time to shampoo.) Just tousle, scrunch, and go!
- To create a distinct wave, run mousse throughout damp hair and apply hair oil to the ends. Braid two braids, then release them after allowing them to air dry.
- If your hair is straight, you can use can use a regular flat iron to create natural-looking waves. Simply twist 180 degrees so the hair is against the curve of the outer plates rather than using the flat side.
- If your hair is very straight, you can use a curler to create waves. You can even find a curling iron with a wave-shaped barrel!
Step 3.5: Make the Most of Your Tools
- The trick to using an iron to create waves is to hold the barrel vertically. You don’t want to hold the hair against the barrel too long–only about five seconds. If you end up with a spiral shape rather than a wave, simply tug at the ends right away to loosen the curl while your strands are still hot.
- For natural-looking, cascading waves, alternate the direction of the barrel as you style. Point the tool toward your face on some passes, and away from your face on others. When you’re done, just shake out to separate the waves.
Step 4: Get Beachy!
- To achieve that beachy, piece-y look, spray salt spray from the middle to the ends.
- Not into the previous three steps? That’s cool! Salt spray even works to add “beachiness” to fine, straight hair. It’s a simple way to add texture when you don’t want to spend time styling. Just spray and go–you’ll get that slightly windswept look, just without the bend!