Summertime. You get your look just right, then you step outside, and it’s gone in minutes. So, how do you prevent a makeup meltdown when it’s hot and steamy? Here are six simple ways to keep your face in place.
- Cream eyeshadow is prone to creasing in the summer due to increased oil production. To combat it, run a cotton swabover your color every so often to absorb the extra oil. It also helps to apply a coordinating powder shadow on top to set it.
- Gel blush is perfect for summer. It has staying power on bare skin and gives a dewy finish. Apply it with a wedge sponge and blend. If you use powder or cream blush, apply foundation first to anchor it and prevent fading.
- Be sure to exfoliate regularly. Makeup adheres better to skin free of dead cells and build-up. And, try running an ice-cubeover your face before applying makeup to close pores and smooth skin tone.
- Try a mattifying primer to keep foundation in place. If you don’t like the weight of foundation in the summer, switch to a BB cream, which is lighter. Setting sprays or translucent powders work great for setting foundation and BB creams alike.
- Stick to waterproof formulas for mascara, brow pencil, and eyeliner. The combo of heat, sweat, and humidity makes them the most likely victims of summertime conditions.
- To make lip color last, start by applying a clear balm, then pat with a tissue. Line your lips along the edges, and then fill inyour lips completely. Finally, using a lip brush, apply lipstick that matches the pencil.